Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Why are stairlifts so slow?

On Mon, 08 Jun 2020 23:22:42 +0100, Max Demian wrote:

On 08/06/2020 22:51, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 08 Jun 2020 22:08:45 +0100, Mark Lloyd wrote:

[snip]

The other two things that annoy me are "next wednesday" and 6/8/2020.
Both can apparently be ambiguous, but I always use the logical one.

I almost always use "next Wednesday" fro the next day (after today)

Then you're just plain wrong. Days are gathered together in weeks.
Next Wednesday is the one in the next week.

To explain, consider today to be Monday. When is "this Wednesday"?
Everybody would agree that it's in two days time. How can next
Wednesday be the same as this Wednesday?

that's a Wednesday, but have heard it for the Wednesday after that so if
it's important I would try to add additional information like: next
Wednesday (the 10th).

I say it my way because I'm right and if they turn up 1 week late or
early, not my problem.

What if it's Saturday: is something happening in two days "this Monday"
or "next Monday"?

Next Monday. This Monday occurred 5 days ago.

It's clearly in the next week, whether weeks are
considered to start on Sunday or Monday.

Weeks start on Monday, since Sunday is part of the weekend.