Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Commander Kinsey Commander Kinsey is offline

Default Why are stairlifts so slow?

On Fri, 22 May 2020 06:25:49 +0100, Xeno wrote:

On 22/5/20 5:57 am, Ralph Mowery wrote:
In article ,
says...

And are almost certainly designed by those who don't have
an incontinence problem and who don't realise the problem
that slow stair lifts can be for those who are incontinent.

Or maybe they realise that anyone with an incontence
problem would have something to **** in which isnt upstairs.

We bought a house about 15 years ago that has 2 bedrooms and a bathroom
upstairs. The master bedroom and bathroom is on the first floor. So is
the washing machine. Now that we are in our 70's it was a wise decision
to have everything we need on the first floor. We did remodle the
bathroom before moving in. Best decision for us was to replace the
bathtub with just a walk in shower. We only have to step up about 3
inches to get into the shower. We also had a grab bar put in that is
screwed into the studs to hold on to. There is a tub upstairs if we want
it, but have not used it very much.

I never did understand why people would build a house with all the
bedrooms upstairs. Fine maybe for the younger, but not the older.

That's why we bought a house 7 years ago that was single level and on a
level block. But then, I have always lived in single level houses.
Detest stairs with a passion. They seem to get steeper as one gets older.

Not a lot of point apart form due to a shortage of land. Also annoying to have your neighbour being able to see into your garden. And if there's more than one person living in the house, whoever is upstairs can be heard tramping along the floor.