Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del[_2_] John-Del[_2_] is offline

Default Component to HDMI converters

On Tuesday, June 2, 2020 at 9:48:14 AM UTC-4, Tim R wrote:
Might there be a simpler answer?

don't most DVD players have an HDMI input somewhere and component output?

If you could find one like that, you'd probably be out less money than buying the converter, and you'd have the advantage of being able to play videos through your CRT.

The adapter was like $25 from Amazon from what he told me. And I don't know of any DVD players that have an HDMI input.

Or, is there a chance that a Firestick would work where a Roku doesn't?

Possibly. I have two Firesticks - when I go back with another adapter, I'll bring a Firestick to try. Still, the blu ray connected fine to the TV via the components inputs, but the blu ray also refused to work with the adapter through the HDMI in the same way as the Roku. Makes no sense. I'll pick up different adapter than he has and try it.