Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerry[_9_] Gerry[_9_] is offline

Default Freon bottles air pressure ???

On Mon, 25 May 2020 04:32:46 -0000 (UTC), bob prohaska
wrote:

Gerry wrote:
I have been using a 30 lb tank mounted upside down to get the fitting
on the bottom. A 3/4" nipple and Tee fitting with the drain and infeed
check valve to the side branch while the outlet is a pipefitted
through the bottom and up into the centre area fo the tank. safety

I don't understand this centralized delivery pipe. Seems to me you'd
want to draw all output from the bottom, to drain off condensate.
Am I missing something?

valve and controls aer on the output. In this way I avoided the need
for additional bosses to be welded to the tank. I also have a similar
settup with regulator/filter on the input when I want lower, regulated
pressure. I don't know how I ever got along before I blew a whole
three bucks on an old Gardner/Denver single cylinder @ cfm compressor!
Of course it cost another dollar for a 1/2HP motor to run it and about
$70.00 for controls and safety valve etc.

How long ago?

Gotta be around 15 years ago now!