Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
bob prohaska bob prohaska is offline

Default Freon bottles air pressure ???

Clare Snyder wrote:
On Sun, 24 May 2020 03:06:57 -0000 (UTC), bob prohaska
wrote:

Clare Snyder wrote:
At 30C R22 is about 160psi
Freon tanks have a "blowout disc" that ruptures at something
approaching 600PSI. A freon tank is likely safer than a lot of cheap
"air pigs" designed to operate at 120PSI . painting the interior to
protect against moisture MIGHT be a good idea (on the air pig too - -
- )

How would a 20 lb propane cylinder compare? It's getting hard to
have them requalified in my area....

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska

Definitely a lot more sturdy than the freon tank. I'm using one. I
unscrew the valve and use pipe thread fittings.When I pull the valve I
clean it out with hot water and amonia to get rid of the mercapitan
stink.

That's a deodorizing trick I didn't know about. Thank you!

bob prohaska