Posted to rec.woodworking
Scott Lurndal Scott Lurndal is offline

Default New Bandsaw - question

"Dr. Deb" writes:
On Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 8:37:07 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I've finally gotten my new bandsaw (Laguna 18bx) on its feet and put
together (KungFlu furlough gives me time to practice being retired
;-). Everything seems to be right with the world (no sawdust yet) but
there is a clicking as the weld crosses the guide blocks. Is this
normal or do I have the blocks set too tight/close? It seems to be
coming from the upper blade edge guide. I'm not playing with an
expensive blade yet, rather a no-name 1/2" from Highland.

Thanks for any help. The bandsaw is a new adventure.

As DerbyDad said. STOP everything, get a Woodslicer from Highland Hardware, put it on and see what you get. Even their house blade is better than any of the major brands I have tried.

The first thing to do is to get the "Bandsaw Book" (Mark Duginske) and read it cover-to-cover.