Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Terrell Michael Terrell is offline

Default Motion Detector senstitivty

On Sunday, May 24, 2020 at 8:48:53 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Ever since the quake a few years ago the motion detector switch by my front
hall has been too sensitive, causing me to use it manually.

I opened it to look for a sensitivty adjuser, no luck.

Am considering putting masking tape over the sensor to make it less
sensitive. Or to put a box around it (ie, wall it offon sides).

Other Ideas?

Maybe the quake caused a crack in my wall I can't see. I was squatting when
the quake hit and fell on my face. Yes, in outer NYC. I have two other such
switches of the same make and age, no problem.

The quake may have changed the aim, and the focal point Try adusting its aim. Mine are least sensitive, dead center, since they detect a differential in temperatures. I had to aim one at a wall, to use it in a long hallway.