Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com is offline

Default Motion Detector senstitivty

Ever since the quake a few years ago the motion detector switch by my front
hall has been too sensitive, causing me to use it manually.

I opened it to look for a sensitivty adjuser, no luck.

Am considering putting masking tape over the sensor to make it less
sensitive. Or to put a box around it (ie, wall it offon sides).

Other Ideas?

Maybe the quake caused a crack in my wall I can't see. I was squating when
the quake hit and fell on my face. Yes, in outer NYC. I have two other such
switches of the same make and age, no problem.

- = -
Vasos Panagiotopoulos, Columbia'81+, Reagan, Mozart, Pindus
blog: panix.com/~vjp2/ruminatn.htm - = - web: panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm
facebook.com/vasjpan2 - linkedin.com/in/vasjpan02 - biostrategist.com