Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim+[_5_] Tim+[_5_] is offline

Default Camera up the Chimney

Clive Arthur wrote:
My Office is at the top of the house and there's an unused small
Victorian fireplace. The top of the chimney pot for this is probably 4
metres up.

For fun, I want to put a camera up there on a pole so I can poke it out
the top and turn it round. I can't get to the chimney pot, or at least,
that game isn't worth the candle.

I have some drain unblocking poles, but any camera would need a remotely
operated lens cover to stop it getting filthy on the way up.

Any such thing around? USB would be good, maybe it's a little too far.

Id be tempted to make some sort of cage or basket around the camera, or
just anything to keep the camera away from the sides of the chimney.
Shouldnt be too hard...

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls