Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Garden pump

James wrote:
I need a garden water pump to raise water two metres from
the adjacent canal to my small lawn. I'd be interested to hear
recommendations on brand and any other advice.

Good luck! :-)

'Pond pumps' seem to have random reliability in my experience, price
is no guide. If a submersible pump would do what you need then I'd
personally go for the cheapest you can see on eBay or similar. As
regards mains or 12v then I'd personally go for 12v but it all depends
on how easily you can provide power of either voltage.

How much water do you actually want?

If you want a non-submersible pump then I don't really have any
experience.

--
Chris Green
ยท