Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Why are stairlifts so slow?

"Hawk" wrote in message ...
On 5/21/2020 12:56 AM, John wrote:
On Thu, 21 May 2020 11:59:29 +1000, Rod Speed wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in message
newsp.0kx0ggs6wdg98l@glass...
On Thu, 21 May 2020 01:53:30 +0100, Rod Speed
wrote:

Commander Kinsey wrote

Why are stairlifts so slow?

Costs a lot more to go much faster and still be safe.

I'm not asking for fast, just say.... walking speed! They all go at
some stupidly low speed about half a mile an hour. There's no way
anyone would consider double that to be dangerous.

A whole minute to get upstairs is not acceptable for an old person
desperate for the toilet.

Only the demented cant anticipate the need and go earlier.

Or anyone who's old.

That's bull****. I anticipate that I might need to take a **** or ****
before leaving the house and do so before I leave if I need to.

And how about to answer the door?

Much cheaper to have a decent doorbell system that allows you to tell
who ever knocked on the door that you are coming.

Some of us get real radical and have one that works even if we arent
home so we can tell the indivual at the door that we arent home and when
we will be home or where to leave what they are bringing.
Or tell them that your cant come to the door so they wont break in a
loot the place.

The demented wear nappys anyway.

It's a wonder that you have any **** left.

I want to live in Rod's world. He does EVERYTHING perfect and never has
problems.

I dont actually. I have just recently been involved in
a similar situation as with Arbery, with me in the situation
of the father and son. With hindsight what I did was quite
stupid and I ended up visiting 3 hospitals as a result.

The perp, did end up back in jail the next day because
he is a jail bird who was out on parole and was back
in jail for breach of parole.

My stupidity was that I didnt realise that he was a jail
bird and well known to the cops. He would have been
back in jail if I had just given the video footage to the
cops, but I wasnt to know that.