Posted to sci.electronics.repair
abrsvc abrsvc is offline

Default Vintage transistors and tin whiskers

On Tuesday, May 19, 2020 at 1:43:26 PM UTC-4, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Mon, 18 May 2020 05:43:18 -0700, abrsvc wrote:

I have 4 ECG160 transistors (2 that are unused and 2 that look like they
may have been used to test something). Send me your address and I'll
send them along if you think that these will resolve your problem. I
doubt that I will ever use these.

Thanks for the advice and offers of parts, guys; much appreciated. On
reflection I decided to replace with silicon. The purists would go to the
trouble of hollowing out the old transitors and fitting the silicons
inside them. Fortunately, I'm no purist. :-D

No problems here. If you want to use the ECGs to verify that everything works prior to "upgrading" to Si, the parts are available. These are small enough that they will fit into a small padded envelope, so shipping will be next to nothing.

Let me know if you want them (no charge).
Dan