Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Christopher Tidy Christopher Tidy is offline

Default Amazing hollow casting

Am Freitag, 15. Mai 2020 14:12:09 UTC+2 schrieb Bob Engelhardt:
On 5/14/2020 9:44 PM, Christopher Tidy wrote:
I guess maybe the core was built on a steel hoop made from bent round bar, or something like that? Not sure how you hold the back end positioned to 1/8" accuracy, though.

Then how would you get the rod out of the casting?

I guess you'd have to make some kind of rod framework which could be unscrewed or broken up from the ends. Not sure though. The core positioning just looks really hard, and these guys did it perfectly.