Posted to sci.electronics.repair,de.sci.electronics

Default router command line reboot

On Thu, 14 May 2020 22:41:45 +0200, jeff wrote:

my wifi router locks up a lot
physically removing power for a few seconds works every time
when it locks up I can't log into it with a browser over wifi
after a physical reboot I can log into it with a browser over wifi
just wondering if there is a way to reboot a router from the command line

Could you provide the manufacturer, model number, and firmware
version? Not all wireless routers are made the same.

I've seen lockup problems from:
1. Bad firmware.
2. Overheating.
https://www.google.com/search?q=asus+rt-n66u+overheating
3. Bulding and leaking electrolytic capacitors.
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/pics/repair/slides/Netgear%20DSA-12R-12.html
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/pics/repair/slides/Motorola-2210-02-PS.html
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/pics/repair/slides/Motorola%202210-02-1002.html
4. Defective power supplies:
http://www.learnbydestroying.com/jeffl/pics/repair/slides/2Wire-power-supplies.html
5. DoS (denial of service) attacks from the LAN side.

CLI (command line interface) instructions vary from router to router.
For example, the command on a Sonicwall is simply "restart". On
Ubiquiti, it's "reboot now". For some Cisco, it's "reload". As I
mentioned, it would help if you provided the maker and model number of
your wireless router.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D