Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael Terrell Michael Terrell is offline

Default Why Was Wrinkle Paint Popular?

On Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 12:54:57 AM UTC-4, Clare wrote:
On Wed, 13 May 2020 03:03:16 -0700 (PDT), Michael Terrell wrote:

It was popular on very early metal cased radios and test equipment, for this reason. A****er Kent used it on their radios, and I have several old signal generators painted with it. It was a lot easier to use than Hammertone paint. I repainted some '60s Lafayette CB radios with a blue wrinkle that was close to the original shade.

And that Hammertite was TOUGH STUFF too.

I have four, one pint cans of it in bright red. I am saving it to pant a server rack.