Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Multi-Section Capacitor "Empties"

On Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 12:51:07 PM UTC-4, Andy Burns wrote:
wrote:

that would be the can and the phenolic wafer

are you going into production of fake capacitors :-P

http://www.1000uf.com/ipaware/img/fake%20capacitor.jpg

Uh, no. I am hoping to find a simple kit to do a passable replacement. Failing that, I will simply purchase the mounting plates and leave the individual caps exposed. Thanks, all for the various pointers. I have found the usual suspects on my own, and I do own a large tubing cutter, and so forth. But, I was hoping that someone out there made 'empties' as a kit.

Thanks again!

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA