Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default OT--Actual elecytronics repair question

On 2020/05/05 9:19 a.m., Allodoxaphobia wrote:
On Mon, 04 May 2020 23:32:17 +0200, HW wrote:
On Mon, 4 May 2020 12:21:05 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

clean the contacts and buttons. It seemed each time the cleaning
effort worked for less than the previous time.

Yes, that's the way it works. Every time you clean them, you remove
some more of the conductive coating.

They sell small conductive rubber pads intended to be glued onto the
existing pads. I have never tried them, though. Using metal might be
hard on the contacts.

Do "they" even sell "conductive paint" to repair rear window defoggers
anymore? They came viz a little finger nail polish bottle and brush.
I came across an old, dried up bottle of the stuff in the back of one
of my junque drawers recently...

Jonesy

As far as I know the product for repairing window heater strips is still
available.

https://www.familyhandyman.com/autom...ndow-defogger/

However I do recall there was an MG Chemicals product for restoring
conductive pads:

https://www.mgchemicals.com/products...conductive-pen

or

https://www.amazon.com/MG-Chemicals-.../dp/B0081SGM8M

Which is not listed at MG Chemicals, perhaps obsolete?

John :-#)#

John's Jukes Ltd.
(604)872-5757 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com