Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del[_2_] John-Del[_2_] is offline

Default Multi-Section Capacitor "Empties"

On Tuesday, May 5, 2020 at 7:26:00 AM UTC-4, wrote:
Mikek:

I am looking for the can and phenolic wafer to stuff my own multi-section electrolytic caps.

Thanks!

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

If you're not trying to exactly duplicate an original can, you can always use 1.25" PVC pipe which will be just a wee larger OD than the original standard size can. Cut it to fit, place it on end over wax paper, fill will *long* set epoxy to form a cap at the end, then sand and paint a flat silver.

Hot glue or fast epoxy the PVC "can" down over the new caps on the wafer linked elsewhere in this thread. It won't look exactly like the original can but it will be better than using exposed modern electros on the new wafer.