Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim R[_2_] Tim R[_2_] is offline

Default Daewoo fridge not cooling properly

I have a small Daewoo fridge in my shop that has started to noot
cool enough. The model is FR-094R. I can hear the compressor working
and the cooling is set to max but it just doesn't get cold enough. In
fact, it has been getting warmer and warmer over the last few days.
Turning the dial for more cooling shows that the temp probe must be
working because the compressor turns on at lower and lower numbers.
Yesterday it would turn on at the number 5 setting and today it turns
on at 4. There are seven settings.
It will run for a while at the higher setting and then turn off.
But it will not be as cold as the setting implies. If I turn it down
too 1 and then back to the higher (colder) settings it will turn on
again.
Are there any tricks to get a recalcitrant fridge working properly
again?
Thanks,
Eric

The symptoms match the other comments better than this idea, but something to consider with an older fridge is the gasket on the door seal. Once that starts to leak my wife turns the thermostat colder, then that causes the icing up, etc.

Replacing them on a full size refrigerator is a pain in the butt and the gasket itself is expensive. I've never tried on a bar size.