Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mike S[_4_] Mike S[_4_] is offline

Default Epoxy / adhesive for hard plastic (headphone hinge) ?

snip
Â*On many of my plastic repairs, I strengthen them be drilling and
inserting a 0.025" steel rod that I glue in place. Sometimes two, if it
is large enough. Sometimes I temporarily glue it in place to get proper
alignment while drilling. It has saved me a lot of time waiting for
parts. I also have a drill and tap for a 1-72 screw if that is needed.
Â* As you are aware, it breaks where at the point where it needs the
most reinforcement.

Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â* Mikek

Thanks Mikek, that would make for a very strong joint, if my current fix
breaks I'll see if there's enough plastic material to support this
approach. Cheers.