Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] jjhudak4@gmail.com is offline

Default TEAC Cassette Deck W-750R

On Sunday, April 12, 2020 at 8:55:06 PM UTC-4, Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
While I am on lockdown, I am fixing a pile of old equipment. The subject
dual cassette deck is in need of new belts. I found one set on EBay. But the
German vendor replied with "Ve do not ship to ze states!" Another site,
https://www.vintage-electronics.net has what appears to be a pretty decent
selection of belts (and other parts) for numerous models. But not for this
exact deck. My experience has been that manufacturers usually don't re-
invent the wheel and it is entirely possible that a belt set (or two) for
some other TEAC deck might fit. But my Google-fu fails me at finding any
sort of parts cross reference.

Any ideas?
--
Paul Hovnanian
Experience is the worst teacher. It always gives the test

Been through this a year or so ago, restoring a few JVC decks and a Nak.
I found these places helpful and purchased belts from them:

https://www.thevoiceofmusic.com/cata..._rec_belts.asp
https://www.vintage-electronics.net/

There is some useful information on the VoM website, including a clever way to determine the length of a needed belt (if you don't have or want to double check the original), and some factors about stretching. You may not always find the exact p/n or a cross and have to resort to finding a suitable replacement on your own.

For one of the JVC decks, I needed to measure the belt length after I received the kit from VoM and the belt was not the correct one for my deck. I notified them of the problem. IDK if they fixed it or not.

The first order of business it to find a FSM for your deck and get the correct p/n
Being the son of a electronics tech, I made it a point to buy the FSM soon after I bought a piece of electronics gear (and vehicles for that matter).
Good luck