Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default TEAC Cassette Deck W-750R

On Sunday, April 12, 2020 at 8:55:06 PM UTC-4, Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:

Any ideas?

I have not use a purpose-made belt in any piece of electronics I own in 30 years, ever since I discovered that O-rings come in about any size, material and configuration one may wish. They are made with remarkable precision, and will even replace turntable belts without issues. And it has also been my experience that they have greater longevity than the typical belt - and may be ordered in a variety of materials to enhance even that.

https://www.mcmaster.com/o-rings

Order by sheave dimensions and ID, going about 3-5% smaller on the ID if measuring the physical situation, or exactly if ordering from the manual. How to get a measurement? A bit of string and a marker.

One further remark: NOS belts contemporary with the device are likely no better than what came out of the device. There is no way of knowing whether you are getting fresh stock, or not.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA