Posted to sci.electronics.repair
whit3rd whit3rd is offline

Default scandisk fail

On Saturday, April 11, 2020 at 7:07:58 PM UTC-7, wrote:
Hi all, My daughters ~3yro computer wouldn't boot... no hard drive.

[ with a Sandisk SSD, probably mSATA or m.2]

Anyway, on several of the gold plated contacts the gold was
almost all gone, leaving corroded copper. I think all the
'corroded' pins were on the top. I cleaned it with IPA and put it
back in.. same problem.

Sounds like a beverage spill?

If the socket is OK, or if there's another suitable socket, you can replace the SSD,
and worry later about the data. To experiment at data recovery, it sometimes
helps to get an adapter (to USB) or external case, like this

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32992601773.html