Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default WIFI/Bluetooth remote-controlled dimmer light switch

"John" Not.responding.@dotcom wrote in message
2.222...
"John_j" wrote in
:

"Another Dave" wrote in message
I quite fancy sitting at my desk in front of my (Linux) desktop
computer and controlling the mains lighting in my den. The existing
light switch is about 2-2.5 metres away from the computer. I envisage
a substitute light switch with a WIFI or Bluetooth controlled dimmer.

Does such a thing exist?

Yep, lots of them around.

Why not an ordinary IR Remote? Some can learn from any existing remote.

I prefer a proper system like zigbee which can control all
your lights and other stuff and doesn’t need to be pointed
at what you want to control, so can turn on the outside
lights and lights at the other end of the house etc and
which have a variety of switches, some of which don’t
need any power supply or battery at all and which can
be programmed to switch on time or movement or
light level etc.