Suzu

Default Waterproofing for concrete blocks?

I plan to make it large enough to use as an office, spare bedroom and
storage space, so if the weather is unsettled I can just go down there for
the night. Also plan to keep valuable items stored there so if I'm not at
home, and the mobile is destroyed, I won't lose everything.

Of course in the case of a direct hit it would not matter where I was, would
it? But a near miss that would destroy the mobile home would not hurt an
underground shelter.

"Art" wrote in message
ink.net...
There are pre-made in slab units that might be a better idea. Also

suppose
you aren't home or are asleep or the tornado forms directly overhead so
there is no warning. Seems to me it is something not worth worrying

about.

"Suzu" wrote in message
I live in Tornado Central in a mobile home and it scares me half to

death
when we have tornados in the area, so I'm thinking of building a

shelter.
only have flat land to build on, therefore the structure will only be

partly
underground, and the remainder bermed with the excavated earth.

My plan is to use concrete blocks with mortar and rebar in the center

and
Q-bond on both sides, but I am not sure if Q-bond waterproofs the

blocks.
Has anyone used this stuff before? If you have to use a separate
waterproofing agent, do you apply it over or under the Q-bond?