Art

Default Waterproofing for concrete blocks?

There are pre-made in slab units that might be a better idea. Also suppose
you aren't home or are asleep or the tornado forms directly overhead so
there is no warning. Seems to me it is something not worth worrying about.

"Suzu" wrote in message
I live in Tornado Central in a mobile home and it scares me half to death
when we have tornados in the area, so I'm thinking of building a shelter.

only have flat land to build on, therefore the structure will only be

partly
underground, and the remainder bermed with the excavated earth.

My plan is to use concrete blocks with mortar and rebar in the center and
Q-bond on both sides, but I am not sure if Q-bond waterproofs the blocks.
Has anyone used this stuff before? If you have to use a separate
waterproofing agent, do you apply it over or under the Q-bond?