Posted to rec.woodworking
Markem[_2_] Markem[_2_] is offline

Default Garage LEDs

On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 14:09:35 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 10:55:42 -0400,
wrote:

On Sun, 22 Mar 2020 10:09:28 -0400, Casper
wrote:

Anyone try or using these newer garage LEDs?

https://smile.amazon.com/Deformable-...%2C139&sr=8-15

https://smile.amazon.com/Garage-Defo...s%2C139&sr=8-4

I have very limited light in my garage and really need more. I ran
across these new LED screw-in bulbs and was curious if anyone here has
tried or seen them in action. Good light? Last long?

TiA
`Casper

The adjustability of the models you posted seems like a good idea.
Several years ago I bought one like this for my garage and quite
satisfied with it.

https://www.tscstores.com/LIGHT-BULB...LM-P49043.aspx

My pet peeve with certain led lights - is when they aren't
well-diffused - the pin-prick light source is annoying.

I haven't had that issue with Edison base LED replacement bulbs or
other ceiling fixture, something like this (couple in the garage in
addition to A19s in the opener):

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lithonia-Lighting-15-in-White-LED-Low-Profile-Residential-Square-Flush-Mount-FMLSDL-15-21840-M4/205854941

Even where there are more exposed type lights, I don't have much of a
problem with LED sources, particularly for things like shop machinery
lights, where I want the light directed on a small space.

OTOH, LED headlights can be very distracting. High intensity small
sources can be dazzling. We get a *lot* of people flashing their
brights at us when in my wife's car. The HIDs in her last car were
"bad" enough but the LEDs are many times worse. OTOH, they're great
from behind the wheel. The brights are really good at lighting up
deer eyes, something quite useful around here. The area is converting
from woodlands to increased "civilization" so coyotes are disappearing
and the deer are noticing that there's ample food in the developments
and virtually no threat.

Saw these at 1000 Bulbs

https://www.1000bulbs.com/category/l...le-beam-angle/

But the cost is more than the ones Amazon has.