Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ian Jackson[_9_] Ian Jackson[_9_] is offline

Default strange signal spittler; bad reception on last tv in a row.

In message , micky
writes
In sci.electronics.repair, on Sun, 23 Feb 2020 07:49:17 -0700, KenW
wrote:

On Sun, 23 Feb 2020 09:03:23 -0500, micky
wrote:

Reception at a remote TV** has degraded and I thought maybe a splitter
connection had gotten bad, even though they are all indoors.

No electronics stores in town anymore. Home Depot has normal ones but
Google came up with
https://www.walmart.com/ip/2-Way-Coa...90dB-1-DC-Pass
ing/892650362

And my question is, 90db!!! I'd think it was a typo, but there's a
picture of it and it says it in big letters. This is loss, right?
Typical loss is 3.5db. With 90db loss, there's be almost nothing left.

Is this meant to fool suckers? Even if this were meant to fool suckers,
would anyone even make a splitter with 90db loss? (It also

Probably 90db isolation between output ports

KenW

That accounts for it. Thanks.

90dB is highly optimistic. 40 dB would be more typical (but still
adequate), and maybe a bit less at 2GHz.

If they do mean 90dB, it's probably the screening factor (a measure of
signal leakage and ingress). 90dB would be good.
--
Ian