Posted to rec.woodworking
ads[_2_] ads[_2_] is offline

Default Update on Chestnut Trees

On Sat, 07 Mar 2020 04:16:22 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Fri, 6 Mar 2020 20:03:36 -0800 (PST), Sonny
wrote:

5 tress are sprouting leaves. 3 other trees look like they are alive, but no sprouting leaves, yet. Couldn't find 2 other trees... cows probably trampled them.

What is it? State surplus auction has a "something" they labeled as woodworking equipment. Looks similar to an old school desk.... top image on page 117. Not uncommon for them to mislabel stuff. I'm curious as to what it actually is.
https://www.doa.la.gov/lpaa/auction/...rch%202020.pdf

Sonny

Looks like a nice Browne and Boggs shear with infeed and outfeed
tables. Might not be a B&B - but definitely a sheet metal shear - foot
operated.

I had decided it was more likely sheet metal related than wood related
because I couldn't see foot pressure doing much to a sheet of wood -
but I really want to see the backside and under the deck ;-)