Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Terrell Michael Terrell is offline

Default Refrigerator current load

On Saturday, February 29, 2020 at 12:03:13 PM UTC-5, Allodoxaphobia wrote:

And don't overlook the fact that the breaker could be SNAFU.
They're not designed to be switched off and on again -- over and over.

Who does that to a fridge or freezer? I've only shut off one breaker to kill a fridge that had a damaged thermostat and was it icing over. It was my dad's house, and he was going to stay at my sister's so there was no reason to let the compressor run 24/7/365.25 days a rear. I need to haul it to the landfill for it can be sent for recycling.