Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Refrigerator current load

In article ,
says...

why would a fridge [need to be] be on its own dedicated outlet? Such a thing is unheard of here.

It is done to prevent another device from tripping the breaker, and letting food spoil. I suppose Botulism is unheard there, as well?

I think there is something in the NEC about the ground fault outlets in
a basement not needing to be uses on the refrigerator/freezor outlet for
the same reason.

Like the idiot that wired a GFCI receptical and down stream was the
refrigerator receptical in a house my son bought. Ground fault tripped
and almost let the refrigerator get too warm before he caught it.