Posted to sci.electronics.repair
All Bumbed Up All Bumbed Up is offline

Default create schematic from circuit board images?

On 2/26/20 8:25 PM, All Bumbed Up wrote:
On 2/26/20 5:48 PM, All Bumbed Up wrote:
On 2/25/20 3:03 PM, Ron D. wrote:
Target 3001
https://server.ibfriedrich.com/wiki/...se_Engineering
has a facility that can help.

You start with an image of the board, Then add components to another
layer and connect the components.Â*Â* The schematic then comes out as
"rats nest" that you have to sort out.

Thanks, downloaded and tried it out today, but ran into a couple of
hitches.Â* I was trying to use the instructions shown at the above link:

1) I refer to step 4, import packages.Â* It says to place it on the
layout, which I did, but does not indicate how to release it there so
it stays put.Â* How is this done?Â* Tried double clicking, etc but to no
avail.

Alright, have to press the ESC key.Â* Got it.

2) I was trying to place a 555 timer.Â* It was only about half the size
of the image underneath.Â* Which can I reduce/ enlarge and how?

Still not sure about this one.

That's it for now.Â* If remedied, I can then try proceeding forward to
the next steps.Â* I am using a simple, single sided board with less
than 30 components, which are mostly resistors, capacitors and diodes.

Thanks in advance!

One other thing I'm running across.Â* Not all components on the circuit
board can be readily identified.Â* There is a flyback, for example, that
doesn't show up anywhere in data as well as what looks like a small
torodial transformer would with input and output turns.Â* How can I go
about adding these unknowns?

This evening, I identified values for almost all of the components in
preparation for placement tomorrow.

I solved the issue of scaling differences between the board and the
components. I just had to reverse the length and width specs.

There are still two components I have been unable to locate, what I
believe is a line filter (a bifilar toroid with bifilar input and
output) and a 9 pin flyback. Nothing comes up in cross reference online
nor on the database Target 3001 offers, so would welcome any suggestions
as to what to do here.

Otherwise, I think I'm ready to proceed.