Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default can service manuals still be obtained through Radio Shack for RS products?

On Sun, 23 Feb 2020 21:32:15 -0500, All Bumbed Up
wrote:

... but did
it ever occur that I already googled it, many, many times over the last
few weeks in fact?

Nope. I appreciate your compliments, but members of this newsgroup
are not normally blessed with clairvoyance, mind reading, and the
ability to read between the lines. I do own a crystal ball, but it is
in dire need of an unobtainium recharge and is therefore currently
non-functional. While omnipresence (looking over your shoulder), and
omniscience (knowing all things) are useful tools, not everyone can
afford exchanging their eternal soul for these benefits. Therefore,
it would be best if you supply the missing information needed to
answer a question. May I suggest the following template:

1. What are you trying to accomplish? Not a detailed description.
Just a one line general description of the problem so that the
newsgroup gods might have a clue what you're doing.

2. What are you working with? That means names and numbers, not
vague and ambiguous descriptions. Manufacturers name, full model
number, revisions, firmware version, etc. As many numbers as you can
find. Extra credit for providing a URL to the data sheet or service
manual so we don't need to waste time finding the documentation.

3. What have you done so far and where are you stuck? Please do not
assume that everything you've done is correct until you arrived at an
impasse. It's highly likely that you did something wrong or badly.
Notice that I'm not really interested in a detailed description of all
the right or wrong things that you've done. Just a short list.

4. What level of ability and what test equipment are available?
Notice that I didn't say "your level of ability" or "test equipment
that you own". Just who do you have handy (including yourself) that
can help with the problem, and what aids can you borrow? I'm not
going to write a detailed test procedure only to find that you don't
have access to any test equipment (or that the test equipment doesn't
work).

There are probably a dozen other things that would be of interest but
the aforementioned are the most interesting. If you've invented
something new, patentable, or believe that you're entitled to a Nobel
Prize, you might reconsider asking questions. If you're working on a
commercial project under NDA, and you value your job and bank account,
I would also reconsider asking questions.

Good luck and thanks again for suggesting that I can read minds at a
distance (telepathy):
Brain-To-Brain Communication Finally Achieved!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahxNdsW3yps

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D