Posted to sci.electronics.repair
three_jeeps three_jeeps is offline

Default can service manuals still be obtained through Radio Shack for RS products?

On Sunday, February 23, 2020 at 9:32:20 PM UTC-5, All Bumbed Up wrote:
On 2/23/20 11:19 AM, wrote:
On Friday, February 21, 2020 at 9:46:50 AM UTC-5, Jeff Urban wrote:
On Friday, February 21, 2020 at 12:04:14 AM UTC-5, All Bumbed Up wrote:
Thanks....

BAMA has about a dozen of them. Probably won't be what you want but you, like many, come in here with no ****ing details.

Radio Shack never made a ****ing thing, it was all made by others. Their better audio I think was Rotel mostly but a little bit of Pioneer.

I won't think you want to tell us WHAT you need a manual for. I do not understand why it is a secret.

You want to use SER ? Make, model, WHAT the damn ting is, what are the inputs ad outputs. If you got image hosting then pictures. What have you tried so far and what were the results ? Did you get a change in symptoms ? Have you checked the power supply ? It is completely dead ? In act what IS the symptom ?

I tell you this, I studied a bit of psychology when I was younger and before they frigged it all up. (the dumbass DSM had not even been conceived) I can tell when people are lying, sometimes before they speak.

But I can't read minds. That is a whole different thing and at this point in evolution is beyond our abilities.

Hey, you a mechanic ? Friend of mine has a car that won't start. Help me.

Don't ya just love it? Yea, car won't start - whats wrong? lol
OTOH, maybe the op is a 10 yo kid just beginning to learn the ways of the world...still, a little effort such a throwing some keywords on Google would go a long way and show some initiative. It amazes me how lazy people are.

You and your partner were quick to criticize and show sarcasm, but did
it ever occur that I already googled it, many, many times over the last
few weeks in fact? My original error was noted, but I understand the
Radio Shack unit is similar but I challenge either one of you to find a
service manual online somewhere for free for either one! Even the
closest paid one I could find for the Radio Shack unit was only a
"partial" and I have no idea what that could mean.

Yes, some folks are lazy, but not this folk. Try finding it yourselves
if you dare.

Yes, thank you. It did occur to me that you may have searched, but then it also occurred to me that since you gave no indication that you didn't, or provide any background/relevant information, I assumed it was lack of effort. Mia culpa.
Then again, one could have provided just a terse answer as the question, or no response at all.

It is a give and take thing...people that respond here take time to provide helpful information. Sometimes they go beyond 1-2 sentence responses and search/dig up information to help answer the questions. In order to do that,it is extremely helpful to know a base set of details and some clue of what the OP has done in order to solve their problem.
good luck