Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default [OT] The last census?

In article ,
Pamela wrote:
On 14:21 12 Feb 2020, "Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
Pamela wrote:

Much as I find the census intrusive, I think it's worth the hassle if it
helps locate illegal immigrants.

Would illegal immigrants fill in a census form?

Of course illegals would be evasive. But there are some situations
where census info might be useful in catching illegals, such as when
the landlord fills in the form.

Aren't we told landlords have to make sure none of their tenants are
illegal anyway? (Just another example of making a law with no way of
enforcing it.)

Lettings agents are legally required to do right of residency checks,
must as estate agents are required to do anti money laundering ones.

--
Cheers,

John.