Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Roundup: Should It Kill Poison Ivy?

In article ,
says...

You can probably also spray it on cool season grass in the cold of winter
and it won't kill the grass too, for the same reason, the chemical is not
readily absorbed and transported. I know when I decided to kill my lawn
and reseed, I got delayed and didn't apply the Roundup until Oct. Even
though the temps were still moderate, I wasn't counting on how long it
would take for it to kill it and for it go brown. I guess I probably could
have just proceeded to reseed and the old grass wouldhave died, but I
wasn't sure it would kill it. Instead of a week, it took maybe two and
a half weeks for it to go brown.

I am sure that you have to spray the plants during some cycle of their
growth depending on the chemical used.

Many people just buy something and put it out with out reading the
directions and complain that it does not work. Like the preemergence
weed and feed. It does no good after the seeds have sprouted and
started growing. The feed part really feeds the weeds..

For some reason in the area I am in (central NC) many yards have been
taken over by what many are calling chick weed. This has been a warm
winter and lots of rain. I don't think we have had a full week where it
has been below freezing which is unusual. Last week we were almost 70
deg F in the daytime. Seems like there has not been a full week with out
rain.