Posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

Default Phone service

On 2/14/20 4:58 PM, A K wrote:
I have a landline and internet from Frontier.

My bill is $70 plus $18 more of taxes.

That's around a 25 % tax rate !!!!

I am also not happy that Frontier has a monopoly on land line service.

I could live without the landline, but I have to have it because I have
DSL.

Are there any cheaper options?

Thanks,
Andy

1. Can't you "unbundle"/cancel the landline from the DSL ? DSL only
needs the wires, not the dialtone, etc to work.

2. Are there no other Internet providers in your area ?
Search here based on Zip Code: https://broadbandnow.com/

Thanks for the idea.

I talked with Frontier.

I can not cancel my land line because the DSL requires it.
At least that is what they said.

I had call waiting which I did not know I had.
Frontier does not break down a bill like they should.

I cancelled call waiting and reduced my bill from $90 - $77.

I am happy with that.

They told me I am on a "promotion" for 12 months.

So in a year, I get the fun of going thru this again. :-)

Andy