Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Phone service

In article ,
says...
have a landline and internet from Frontier.

My bill is $70 plus $18 more of taxes.

That's around a 25 % tax rate !!!!

I am also not happy that Frontier has a monopoly on land line service.

I could live without the landline, but I have to have it because I have
DSL.

Are there any cheaper options?

If it is $ 88 for internet and phone you are ok.

My cable internet was almost that much and about $ 45 for the landline.

I now have them bundeled together and use the phone through the intenet
modem box. It is $ 94 a month for both. It does give me 'free' long
distance, caller ID, ways to block numbers and does a fair job of
knocking out many robo calls. It will ring several times on the
landline and then send the call to my cell phone number. With Spectrum
I get 200 mb but it speed checks out around 230 most of the time with
the computer that is next to the modem and is wired to it.

The TV is Direct TV.