Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Quality Light Fittings

On 14/02/2020 19:42, thescullster wrote:
Hi all

I am hoping to get fascias ands soffits sorted (by others) shortly.

The DIY bit will be replacing a couple of lights under an
overhanging extended porch type roof.

Although they will be protected, the two replacement fittings will
be exposed to the elements.
Is there a supplier out there whose fittings don't start rusting
and falling apart within a couple of years of installation?

I live at the top of a hill in East Yorkshire, but the place is
pretty well shielded by surrounding properties.

There are lots of plastic units these days that look just like painted
metal ones. How well they last with sunlight I don't know - but what
does that matter in Yorkshire

SteveW