Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Joyce Jim Joyce is offline

Default An undeniable example of MSM bias

On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 08:15:06 -0800 (PST), trader_4
wrote:

On Friday, February 14, 2020 at 8:49:59 AM UTC-5, A noiseless patient Spider wrote:
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/o...ts-gop-revenge

"An anti-Trump activist intentionally drove his van into a Republican voter-registration tent in Florida this weekend, nearly killing a half-dozen GOP volunteers.

Yet amazingly, Politico did not touch the story of this near-fatal, politically motivated attack on Republicans until the state GOP promised to retaliate — at the polls."

"I am not a big fan of the 'if the motivations were flipped' game, but come on. If some MAGA-hatted psychotic attempted to run down Democratic volunteers with his truck, I guarantee you the attack, and the driver’s likely motivations, would be the lead
story in every newsroom in the United States. It would be the lead story for at least three days. At least. But Timm attempted to run down Republican aides, so the story, apparently, is not all that interesting to some of the largest and most influential
news organizations in the country. "

I agree. That story didn't get much attention. If it was some whacko
wearing a MAGA hat, it would have been the lead story everywhere.

+1

In that respect, coverage doesn't seem to be equal. I saw just a blip of a
story on my news and I think it would almost certainly have been more if it
was a MAGA-driven story.