Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Wi-Fi adaptor.

On 14/02/2020 16:59, GB wrote:
On 14/02/2020 16:10, T i m wrote:
On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 15:31:56 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

Have a Humax 'smart' PVR which is cabled internet only - no Wi-Fi. Would
like to use it where there is no RJ45 outlet. Is it possible to buy a
Wi-Fi adaptor to RJ45 rather than USB?

Yes. They sometimes call them 'gaming adaptor' (or did). Many Access
Points can also be configured to do what you want. I used one years
ago to make my Dads old CRT iMac 'wireless'. ;-)

I have a TP-Link WA801ND in front of me that I think is currently
setup as you require (so I can access my mates network across the
road, rather than having to go over there and using better antenna
than typically on a laptop etc).

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-netw...m=select-local

Or use a fair of Homeplugs, if you have them lying around perhaps?

Pair, not fair.

There is a USB socket on it - but
that says for a keyboard.

And unlikely to have the right drivers etc.

Cheers, T i m