Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\) is offline

Default Loft ladder - limited height in loft and small hatch

I have a concertina one, had it for over 20 years. Still OK but at first I
was a bit distrustful since it does feel squishy even with the catches
engaged. I would say though that you need quite a bit of effort to
concertina it and hook it back in the right place or it can come and hit you
on the head. However I guess if its only going to be used by fit tradesmen
or whatever its fine. Lofts are filthy places, so no matter what you do just
opening the hatch filed the landing with grit dead spiders and almost
anything else it seems.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Murmansk" wrote in message
I've been asked to fit a loft ladder for someone who has a hatch 65cm square
and limited height in the loft of 65cm to store the ladder.

Looks like we need a concertina one or a telescopic one.

Anyone any experience of telescopic ones? They seem to be about £200. I
reckon concertina ones aren't as good as they tend to bounce up and down as
you use them which can be unnerving!