Posted to uk.d-i-y
williamwright williamwright is offline

Default Loft ladder - limited height in loft and small hatch

On 14/02/2020 14:19, Murmansk wrote:
I've been asked to fit a loft ladder for someone who has a hatch 65cm square and limited height in the loft of 65cm to store the ladder.

Looks like we need a concertina one or a telescopic one.

Anyone any experience of telescopic ones? They seem to be about £200. I reckon concertina ones aren't as good as they tend to bounce up and down as you use them which can be unnerving!

I've climbed hundreds of loft ladders. With no prior knowledge of their
safety I always bounce up and down and sway about violently whilst still
on a low rung.

Bill