Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 2 Hour time delay switch

On 14/02/2020 13:08, simon mitchelmore wrote:
My friend is too scared to turn on the immersion heater during the
day because she is absent minded and only remembers its on a few days
later and so gets big bills.

Not from an immersion heater she wont.

Total heat loss from a decent cylinder is probably less than 50W

She'e on Economy 7, so its set for night
time operation but being a small capacity it sometimes runs out of
hot water in the afternoon.

My heater timer has 'boost' buttons for all three zones...

Does anyone know of a simple button type switch I could fit for her
which could be preset for say 2 hours (ON), so she can hit it (to
boost the hot water) and forget it. I've already fitted a red
indicator light in the hall but this does not solve the problem.

I've seen similar device for communal lighting but they only work for
say 5 mins.

--
Of what good are dead warriors? €¦ Warriors are those who desire battle
more than peace. Those who seek battle despite peace. Those who thump