Posted to uk.d-i-y
www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] is offline

Default The last census?

On 12/02/2020 10:39, NY wrote:
"www.GymRatZ.co.uk" wrote in
message ...
On 12/02/2020 08:12, Jeff Layman wrote:

snip
I think the offence is failing to provide *any* information as well as
returning false information, so you should expect it to be chased-up (if
they have the time, which is what you're banking on).

But you have to sign the form in the box which states something along
the lines of "I the undersigned accept that I will be liable to a fine
of £1000 if I have provided any information that is falsified or untrue"

No vote, though, for you or anyone who lives there. Maybe that doesn't
bother you. I wonder what happens if the head of the household refuses
to fill in the form but someone else who lives there (wife, children)
wants to vote. Is there a mechanism for someone who is not the head of
the household to submit just their name, to secure their right to vote.

Anyone that wants to vote can register on-line, it's their prerogative
and not my duty to divulge information THEY might wish to retain as
confidential or anonymous.

Even though I haven't filled in the council "request" for information a
polling card still comes to me, in my name at the same address
presumably because it's the last known and validated place of residence.

I'm obviously just too much of a goody-goody. I've never felt the
slightest inclination not to do what I regard as my moral (as well as
legal) duty by adding myself to the electoral roll and the census. I
want my details excluded from the publicly-viewable electoral roll, but
only because spam merchants are legally allowed to use this information
as a mailing list. If I had my way, I'd bang up every single person who
sends any unsolicited mail/phone-calls/email, irrespective of whether it
was fraudulent or honest - the sin is the mere act of sending it.

How can you complain about loss of privacy when you're openly admitting
to unquestionable compliance and acceptance?

The first time I refused to file the electoral roll was when the form
had very ambiguous wording with regards to the "open register" it used a
combination of double negatives and contradicted it's self there was no
way of knowing whether you were opting in to being off the list or on
the list. One section implied one thing and the other implied the
opposite.

Since then I've saved myself the hassle of endless spam and junk mail by
not volunteering ANY information. The "sin" of which you speak is that
of you personally gifting companies your personal data and the
authorities that actually distribute such data for profit.
The fault lies with you for not accepting responsibility for your own
privacy.