Posted to uk.d-i-y
www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] www.GymRatZ.co.uk[_2_] is offline

Default The last census?

On 12/02/2020 08:50, Andy Burns wrote:
Jeff Layman wrote:

Why don't they just pay Google for the info?

Last time they suggested the credit reference agencies knew it all ...

I recently purchased a 30 day contract data only SIM card in my mothers
name to provide a VoIP phone in her room at the care home. Had it
delivered to the house that I frequent (which I don't complete electoral
roll for) and within days of it turning up a letter came from the local
authority addressed to her stating she is a resident of the property.

Needless to say it was returned stating the person in question did not
live at the address.

So councils are already using mobile phone accounts, and presumably
mobile phone accounts/contracts have a get-out clause to skip GDPR
presumably the "I accept" button when ordering on-line.