Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adrian Caspersz Adrian Caspersz is offline

Default Distiibution amplifier vs. ????

On 11/02/2020 19:44, micky wrote:
I think I need a new amplifier for the signal from my DVDR output to
various tv's, but I forget what that thing is called. ???

When I look up distribution amplifier, they seem to be from the antenna
to the TV, and aren't those different frequencies.

The 110volt amp is still a little warm, but I suppose after 35 years of
use without interruption, it could have failed. It's mark is Archer,
which was Radio Shack, but I know the very same thing was sold under
other brands.

Am I better off with 110vac or with one that uses a 12v wall wart?

TIA

Hi Micky,

I'm going to guess given the age, that this is RF distribution at either
channel 3 or 4 (US), so yes you are looking at a antenna distribution amp.

Way back then too, the power supply would have been a transformer, and
supplying not much current would have helped it's longevity.

However, if all of your TVs are now digital, there are much better ways
of distributing content.

HDHomeRun for one.
https://www.silicondust.com/

--