Posted to rec.woodworking
knuttle knuttle is offline

Default Wide shelving advice needed

On 2/10/2020 7:19 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Tearing out sagging shelves in a 10ft. by 6ft. pantry. Would jike to put 18" deep shelves on the back wall. These would not be "cabinet" quality construction.
So, rip 18" wide plywood? Particle board? Bisquit join solid lumber?
Any thoughts appreciated.

If this is a pantry one of the considerations is cleanliness. While
solid shelve are impressive they can collect material on the shelves
and in the corners.

I have used the wire shelves for my closets, They are open and do not
create pockets of dead air as a solid shelf does. While I have fixed
installation with them fastened to the walls, you could also make them
adjustable.

I put shelves in a large closet in with a couple of hours work and
minimum debris.

This is similar to what I used in my closets.
SuperSlide 144 in. W x 16 in. D x 1 in. H White Ventilated Wall Mounted
Shelf Cost 26.98 at Home Depot.

The prince is comparable to using plywood shelving.