Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marland Marland is offline

Default A bit windy

GB wrote:

The wind took our recycling bin right round the corner and started to
disburse the contents. The neighbours were treated to the sight of my
wife and me (only partly dressed) running around after yogurt pots and
cardboard boxes.

At least you have the decency to retrieve it, my 90 year old widowed
mother moved into a small development of small modern houses when she sold
the farm.
It is a proper windtrap and neighbours recycling boxes and contents
regularly for a trip down the road even in moderate conditions, the small
size of the properties means many keep the box on the small frontage by the
door rather than inside. You would think reasonably intelligent people like
teachers and other professionals would learn after the first time their
box gets emptied and moved but they dont care. Instead the rubbish and
boxes pile up behind a small wall on my mothers property.
Now on my monthly €śwelfare€ť visit I clean it up but no longer return the
boxes , they come home here 200 miles away to Hampshire where we use them
in the garden for various purposes like growing spuds . Got 5 so far and
apparently another is waiting to be tidied up.

GH