Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adam[_9_] Adam[_9_] is offline

Default How to Test a Relay

On Sun, 09 Feb 2020 19:32:13 -0800, whit3rd wrote:

On Sunday, February 9, 2020 at 4:31:52 PM UTC-8, Adam wrote:
My car's blower motor relay may be bad (or the cause of noisy fan).

However, I don't have a cordless drill battery (used in the video).

You have a car, with a battery that makes perfectly acceptable 12V.

Maybe best to just use the car battery then. Just connect with alligator
clips.

Will the following battery charger...

UPG D1724 Sealed Lead Acid Battery Charger (6V/12V Switchable Single-
Stage With Alligator Clips)
work ?

Maybe. It's possible to make chargers that don't generate +12V unless
attached to a battery, or that turn off if/when peak voltage exceeds a
full battery charge.